The shelter of Kindness

 A little bird and her chattering children once lived in a green forest during the rainy season. The raindrops danced through the leaves, creating a calming melody as the forest was alive with activity. The small bird was aware that a relentless and unforgiving downpour might come. She therefore made the decision to find her children shelter.

She noticed two tall trees standing side by side on a nearby hill. She fluttered up to the first tree and asked it kindly, "Dear tree, may I and my children take refuge beneath your branches until the rain subsides?" with hope in her heart.

The first tree, with its strong trunk and thick canopy, cast a downward glance at the tiny bird and her young. I'm sorry, little bird, but I'm unable to provide you with shelter. Please go elsewhere for shelter.

The bird was discouraged by the first tree's unkindness, but she did not give up. She hopped over to the second tree, which was small and modest, and addressed it in the same way: "Dear tree, may I and my children take refuge beneath your branches until the rain subsides?"

The second tree, who was friendly and welcoming, smiled and replied, "Of course, little bird! It would be an honour for me to house you and your kids. Please, come and find refuge here.

The little bird and her chicks were grateful and relieved as they were sheltered by the second tree's protective branches from the relentless rain.

A violent storm raged through the forest as the downpour continued. Every living thing was put to the test as a result of the lightning and howling wind. The first tree, which had turned away the bird and her young ones, was powerless against the fury of the storm. The tree fell with a thunderous roar as a result of its roots, which were not strong.

Now protected from the branches of the second tree, the small bird said to the downed tree, "You see, my dear friend, you are bearing the consequences of your actions. When I needed shelter, you refused to give it to me; as a result, the storm has now destroyed you.

The fallen tree apologised to the bird in a humble reply. I did not provide shelter for you and your family because I knew that my roots would not be able to withstand this heavy rain.

Now the bird is aware of the first tree's motivation—his desire to protect her and her family. 

The moral of the story is: "It's important not to assume the worst when someone declines your request because a refusal sometimes hides a hidden favour in disguise."

No comments:

Post a Comment